The following information has been provided by the Study Abroad at UAM Office, and it is updated as of March 2020. For further information or help, please, contact Diana Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org or Anjouli Janzon at email@example.com.
What are your options?
Residence Hall on Cantoblanco Campus
On Cantoblanco Campus, where the SSEB is located, you have the option of staying at Residencia Universitaria Erasmo. It is the only residence hall on Campus. It is run by RESA, a private firm.
Off-Campus non-university residences
- Nexo Residencias
- Become. Download offer for UAM students here.
- Residencia de estudiantes Ciudad Escolar (info in Spanish only)
- Masterhome residencia
- Residencia Regina
Off-Campus residence halls (info in Spanish only)
- Colegio Mayor Juan Luis Vives. It is the only residence hall run by UAM. It is located in Plaza de Castilla, with an easy commute to Campus.
- Collegio Mayor Universitario Santillana. It is only for male. It is ascribed to UAM, but not run by UAM. It is located in Mirasierra neighborhood, with an easy commute to Campus.
- Collegio Mayor Universitario Somosierra. It is only for female. It is ascribed to UAM, but not run by UAM. It is located in Somosierra neighborhood, with an easy commute to Campus.
- Colegio Mayor Universitario Castilla. It is only for male. It is ascribed to UAM, but not run by UAM.
Bedrooms in shared flats or with a Spanish family
- ALUNI. The University has signed an agreement with the company ALUNI. This is a great option for those students who wish to live in the center of Madrid, in shared flats with students of all nationalities or with a Spanish family. Students should contact ALUNI directly. There is a 78.00 € administration fee, but because you’re a student at UAM you enjoy a 40% discount. To get the discount, you must send an email asking for a discount code along with your data and the reference of the flat to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UNIPLACES. UAM has an agreement with UNIPLACES, the largest student accommodation platform in Europe. It’s fast, simple and safe. Furthermore, they have a 25% discount off the service fee for UAM students. Ask for the promotional code to email@example.com.
- Spot a Home
- Sal y Ven
Renting an accommodation by yourself
Finally, there is always the option to rent an accommodation by visiting the sites that manage the housing market in Madrid (DO NOT send any money without having seen the place first):